CCS Industrial Epoxy XT100 is a two-part 100%, low viscosity epoxy resin specially formulated for coating and protecting internal industrial and commercial concrete flooring.
It will provide an extremely hard wearing surface in addition to high resistance against water, chemicals and oils with the ability to build virtually unlimited film thickness.
Suitable for warehouse floors, workshops, laboratories, or any other high traffic areas requiring a long lasting finish.
Prepare, profile and clean concrete using industry standard techniques. All surfaces should be structurally sound and all previous coatings, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by mechanical grinding or abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water blasting, mechanical scrubbing or other suitable means.
Holes, non-structural cracks and other surface irregularities should be repaired using a paste made from CCS Industrial Epoxy XT100 and sand. New concrete floors should be no less than 28 days old.
- Using a mechanical mixer stir Part A (epoxy base) in its original container for at least 60 seconds before use.
- Add Part B (hardener) to Part A (epoxy base) and mechanically mix for 1 minute. Whilst mixing make sure to scrape product downwards from the insides of the container. Avoid entrapping air into the mix during the mixing process. The ratio of Part A (epoxy base) to Part B (hardener) is 2:1. Do not vary the ratio of Part A and Part B under any circumstances. First coat can have up to 10% CCS Solvent added to assist with penetration.
- Only mix as much as is likely to be used within the pot life of the product (the pot life of a 15 litre mixed kit is approximately 12-15 minutes at 25˚C) therefore if mixing a complete 15 litre kit to use on a floor it should be poured onto the floor and then spread out accordingly. To extend pot life place mixed product in an ice bath or place Part B Hardener in a refrigerator for a period to cool it down prior to use. The addition of up to 20% CCS Solvent will also increase the pot life.
- Once Part A and Part B are mixed and ready to apply vigorously work first coat into the surface ensuring that all pores and holes are filled.
Second coat must be applied between 4 and 72 hours from application of the first coat.
Mix CCS Industrial Epoxy XT100 in the same method as the above first coat instructions.
Note: It is imperative that you use a clean bucket and clean mixer before commencing mixing and application of the second coat.
The pot life is the time taken for the mixed Part A and B to start gelling in the mix bucket/vessel. The pot life for the 15 litre kit is 12-15 minutes therefore only mix as much as is likely to be used within the pot life of the product.
Wash all equipment in CCS Solvent immediately following application and mixing. Hardened material can be removed mechanically.
Allow the surface to cure for at least 24 hours before subjecting it to pedestrian traffic, 3 days before allowing vehicular traffic and 5-7 days before subjecting it to chemicals or severe abrasion.
Features and Benefits
- 100% solids epoxy
- Good flexibility
- Extremely hard wearing
- Fast thin film cure of 3.5 hours
- Excellent chemical resistance
- No VOCs
- 2:1 mix ratio by volume
- No induction time required
- Easy to mix and apply
CCS Industrial Epoxy XT100 is a two part system consisting of a 10 litre Base and a 5 litre Hardener.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.