CCS Industrial Epoxy PR100 is a two-part 100% solids phenalkamine epoxy system with the ability to bond effectively to damp, green and oily concrete. It is very low viscosity, fast curing and specially formulated for protecting metal and concrete surfaces against corrosion and chemicals. It has exceptional water resistance properties and therefore is an ideal primer under various coatings including polyurea topcoats.
Prepare, profile and clean concrete using industry standard techniques. All surfaces should be structurally sound and all previous coatings, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by mechanical grinding, abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water blasting, mechanical scrubbing or other suitable means. Concrete surfaces that have been in contact with form ply or moulds may have been exposed to release agents containing waxes, silicones or hydrocarbons. It is imperative that these are removed thoroughly as they can prevent Industrial Epoxy PR100 from bonding to the concrete properly. Holes, non-structural cracks and other surface irregularities should be repaired using a compound of Industrial Epoxy PR100 and sands.
Blast, profile and clean using industry standard techniques to remove all rust, corrosion, mill scale, oil and any existing coatings. Light to medium blast cleaning (Sa 1 – AS1627.9, Sa 2 – AS1627.9) is adequate in most cases where foreign matter needs to be removed. For permanent immersion remove all solubable salts from the surface. Apply Industrial Epoxy PR100 to specified thickness and uniform smooth finish.
Prepare surface using industry standard techniques to ensure strong adhesion.
Usually between 2 hours (or when coat has gelled) and 72 hours. If recoating after 72 hours surface must be mechanically sanded using 80 grit disc so proper bonding occurs. Ensure surface is dust free.
Patching and Surface Rendering
The addition of CCS EpoxyFill to CCS Industrial Epoxy PR100 will provide a suitable patching and render mortar compound. Refer to Technical Data Sheet for information.
- Using a mechanical mixer stir Part A (epoxy base) in its original container for at least 1 minute before use.
- Add Part B (hardener) to Part A (epoxy base) and mechanically mix for 1 minute. Whilst mixing make sure to scrape product downwards from the insides of the container. Avoid entrapping air into the mix during the mixing process. The ratio of Part A (epoxy base) to Part B (hardener) is 1:0.8.
Do not vary the ratio of Part A and Part B under any circumstances.
- Only mix as much as is likely to be used within the pot life of the product (the pot life of a 9 litre mixed kit is approximately 15-20 minutes at 25˚C). To extend pot life place mixed product in an ice bath or place Part B Hardener in a refrigerator for a period to cool it down prior to use. The addition of up to 20% CCS Solvent will also increase the pot life.
- Once Part A and Part B are mixed and ready to apply, vigorously work first coat into the surface ensuring that all pores and holes are filled.
Mix Industrial Epoxy PR100 in the same method as the above first coat instructions.
Note: It is imperative that you use a clean bucket and clean mixer before commencing mixing and application of the second coat.
The pot life is the time taken for the mixed Part A and B to start gelling in the mix bucket/vessel. The pot life for the 9 litre kit is 15-20 minutes therefore only mix as much as is likely to be used within the pot life of the product.
Wash all equipment in CCS Solvent immediately following application and mixing. Hardened material can be removed mechanically.
Allow the surface to cure for at least 24 hours before subjecting it to pedestrian traffic, 3 days before allowing vehicular traffic and 5-7 days before subjecting it to chemicals or severe abrasion.
Features and Benefits
- 100% solids epoxy primer
- Bonds to damp, green and oily concrete
- Low viscosity
- Rapid curing
- No VOCs
- Exceptional water resistance
Industrial Epoxy PR100 is a two part system consisting of a 5 litre Base and a 4 litre Hardener.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.