CCS Streetscape Sealer is a waterborne, low VOC (Green Star IEQ-13 compliant), single component, penetrating silane-siloxane sealer designed to improve stain resistance to concrete, masonry, pavers, and porous natural stone from the ingress of water, salts and staining from food and beverages.
CCS Streetscape Sealer also contains fluro-polymers which offer added resistance to staining from oil based contaminants.
These unique fluro-polymers also assist in reducing the staining effects of chewing gum and will make the gum easier to remove from the surface.
Once it penetrates the porous substrate, CCS Streetscape Sealer will produce a hydrophobic surface.
- Concrete or masonry surfaces
- Footpaths and public walkways
- Alfresco dining and food eating areas
- Plain, coloured and decorative concrete
- Car parks and driveways
- Porous natural stone (sandstone, travertine, basalt, bluestone, honed marble, exfoliated/flamed granite, limestone, terracotta)
- Pool surrounds
- Pre-cast and tilt up panels
Coverage is approximately 5–7m2 per litre depending on surface porosity. A single flood coat would provide effective treatment in most cases. But multiple wet on wet coats will give greater depth of penetration.
- All surfaces to be treated must be structurally sound and all previous coatings, curing compounds, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water washing or mechanical scrubbing.
- Any dirt, grease, oil or other surface contaminants should be removed using CCS HD Degreaser.
- Repair any holes, non-structural cracks and other surface deformities the concrete.
CCS Streescape Sealer should be applied undiluted using a low pressure sprayer, brush, broom, or lambs wool applicator.
Note: The concrete must be cured for a minimum of 28 days prior to application of CCS Streetscape Sealer.
- Apply a single flood coat to the surface and allow sufficient time for penetration, make sure to fill all voids and surface irregularities. For very high traffic areas multiple coats can be applied wet on wet almost to a point of refusal.
- If applying more than one coat ensure that any subsequent coats are not allowed to pool or pond as it may lead to a patchy appearance.
- Subsequent coats must only be applied wet on wet within 20-30 minutes of the first coat.
Wash all equipment in water after use.
- CCS Streetscape Sealer is not designed as a waterproofing compound.
- Do not thin or dilute.
- Do not apply on damp or wet surfaces or when rain is likely.
- Ensure the sealed surface is protected from moisture for a minimum of six hours after application.
- Always prepare a test area and allow to cure for 24 hour to ensure consumption rates and appearance is acceptable.
- CCS Streetscape Sealer may darken some surfaces.
- CCS Streetscape (VII) should NOT be mixed with any other sealer including CCS Streetscape version I.
Store between 10°C and 30°C away from direct sunlight. Shelf life is 6 months in original unopened container. Partly used containers must be sealed tightly when not in use.
Features and Benefits
- Improves stain resistance
- Assists removal of gum
- Ideal for concrete and masonry surfaces
CCS Streetscape Sealer is available in 20 litre and 200 litre containers.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.