CCS Stain Block is a high performance, silane based, deep penetrating sealer that provides long term protection to a variety of surfaces.
Containing a high concentration of special fluoro polymers CCS Stain Block not only repels water, but also effectively repels oil and organic based stains. It offers better protection against staining than traditional silicone based penetrating sealers.
The fluro-polymers within CCS Stain Block work to chemically infiltrate the pores of the concrete or stone, to provide excellent resistance to stains.
The result is a surface that is much easier to clean and maintain.
Due to its penetrating nature CCS Stain Block does not change or alter the colour of the surface ensuring the original natural look of the substrate is retained.
Note: A test area must be prepared and allowed to cure for 24 hours to determine the application rate and that the desired effect is achieved.
- Concrete, concrete pavers or masonry surfaces
- Footpaths and public walkways
- Polished concrete (Stain Block is the final sealer for the CCS Platinum Polish System 5 Star Finish)
- Terrazzo floors
- Polished porcelain and porous vitrified tiles
- Natural stone i.e. sandstone, limestone, granite, marble and travertine
- Dining and alfresco eating areas
- Plain, coloured and decorative concrete
- Car parks and driveways
- Urban landscapes
- Pre-cast and tilt up panels
- Swimming pool surrounds
Allow the sealer to cure for at least 4–6 hours before subjecting to pedestrian traffic and 7 days for vehicular traffic, trolleys, wheel mounted bins or any other equipment that could impact or mark the surface. Please note that whilst the sealer is in the curing phase a slight residue may initially be felt underfoot.
The total application rate is 5–20m2 per litre depending on surface and surface porosity. A minimum of two coats are recommended for effective treatment.
In general, allow 5m2/litre per coat for concrete, concrete pavers and sandstone.
For natural and composite stones (e.g. limestone, terracotta, marble, granite, travertine, basalt, terrazzo and slate) allow 8–20m2 /litre per coat (dependant on surface porosity).
Note: A test area must be prepared and allowed to cure for 24 hours to determine the application rate and to ensure the desired effect is achieved.
- All surfaces to be treated must be structurally sound and all previous coatings, curing compounds, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water washing or mechanical scrubbing.
- Any dirt, grease, oil or other surface contaminants should be removed using CCS HD Degreaser.
- Repair any holes, non-structural cracks and other surface deformities in concrete prior to sealing.
CCS Stain Block should be applied undiluted using a low pressure sprayer, broom, lambs wool or microfibre applicator. If using a low pressure sprayer, ensure that you also work the product into the surface using a lambs wool or microfibre applicator.
Note: The concrete must be cured for a minimum of 28 days or when totally uniform in appearance prior to application of CCS Stain Block.
- Apply the first coat to saturation point and allow sufficient time for penetration, making sure to fill all voids and surface irregularities.
Note: If using a low pressure sprayer, ensure that the product is worked into the surface using a lambs wool or microfibre applicator. Should ponding or pooling occur, immediately wipe off excess product or work the product into the surface.
- When the surface becomes touch dry, after approximately one hour, apply a second coast as described in step one (above) again ensuring that no ponding or pooling occurs as this may lead to a patchy appearance and other related issues.
- On denser surfaces like polished marble, granite and polished porcelain, use a floor squeegee or microfibre mop to remove excess sealer from the surface. To polish the surface, use a dry microfibre applicator or an automatic floor polisher with a white nylon pad.
Wash all equipment in CCS Solvent after use.
- CCS Stain Block is not designed as a waterproofing compound.
- Do not thin or dilute.
- Do not apply on damp or wet surfaces or when rain is likely.
- Ensure the sealed surface is protected from moisture for a minimum of six hours after application.
- Always prepare a test area and allow to cure for 24 hour to ensure consumption rates and appearance is acceptable.
Store between 10°C and 30°C away from direct sunlight. Shelf life is 12 months in original unopened container. Partly used containers must be sealed tight when not in use.
Features and Benefits
- Deep penetrating sealer with long term protection
- Repels water, oil and organic based stains
- Natural finish
CCS Stain Block is available in a 20 litre drum.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.