CCS Armourgard SP is a single pack, solvent based polyurethane coating specifically designed for concrete and cementitious surfaces. It’s also an ideal binder and finish surface coating for seamless flooring and honed concrete surfaces.
CCS Armourgard SP contains special ingredients to provide an attractive clear, gloss, non-yellowing finish with durability, flexibility and excellent chemical, stain and wear resistance.
Available in Gloss (Standard Product) and Satin when CCS PU Flatting Additive 1 litre is added and mixed with CCS Armourgard SP.
- Warehouse & factory floors
- CCS Stylepave System
- CCS Galaxy Flooring System (final coats)
- CCS Platinum Honed and Polished concrete systems
- Restaurants and Cafe’s
- Cool Room
- Commercial Kitchens
- High traffic areas
- Exposed and decorative concrete in domestic and commercial applications.
- Brick and block walls
- Finish coat for epoxy primers
- Garage and workshop floors
|Colour||Light Straw Coloured|
|Volume Solids||Approx. 40%|
|Specific Gravity||Approx. 0.95 @ 25ºC|
|Drying Time#||2.5 hours @ 25ºC 65% RH|
|Re-coat Time#||4 - 24 hours @ 25ºC 65% RH|
|Full Cure#||7 days @ 25ºC 65% RH|
|# Note these times depend upon relative humidity, air circulation, temperature and film thickness. Actual times will vary according to combinations of these variables.|
Coverage is typically 6-8 m2/litre/coat.
A minimum of 2 coats should be applied.
All surfaces to be treated should be clean and structurally sound. All previous coatings, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by mechanical grinding or abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water blasting, mechanical scrubbing or other suitable means.
To prepare a concrete surface use either CCS Citric Cleaner or CCS HD Degreaser to remove surface contaminants. By using CCS Citric Cleaner at a lower dilution rate an etching process is provided to the surface. To ensure the acid is neutralised apply CCS HD Degreaser prior to the application of CCS Armourgard SP.
All surfaces should be dry and clean before application. Holes, non-structural cracks and other surface deformities should be repaired using CCS Epoxy Repair Kit in accordance with the technical data sheets.
New concrete floors should be at least 28 days old before applying CCS Armourgard SP.
NOTE: CCS Armourgard SP is a single pack moisture cured product, it is important that once the lid has been removed and the required amount of product is decanted for use that you replace the lid and firmly close the container ASAP to avoid the remaining product from curing.
- Apply the first coat diluted 10% with CCS Armourthane Solvent of CCS Armourgard SP at the rate of 6m2/litre in a uniform manner to ensure adequate cover, adhesion, penetration and a smooth finish. For smooth surfaces such as honed concrete a lamb’s wool or mohair roller are the best application tools. When applying the product, it is important to maintain an even wet edge with the least amount of agitation or aeration.
- Do not work the coating excessively or apply the coating too thickly as this may result in air bubbles being trapped and a soft cloudy film.
- Allow the first coat to dry for a minimum of three to four hours (dependant on climatic conditions) before applying the second coat.
Apply the second coat of CCS Armourgard SP at right angles to the first coat and at the rate of 8m2/litre and allow to dry overnight.
For commercial and other high traffic areas a third coat is recommended.
Allow the surface to cure for at least 24 hours before subjecting it to pedestrian traffic, and 96 hours before allowing light vehicular traffic over it. Allow five to seven days before subjecting the surface to chemical attack or severe abrasion.
Decorative Honed and Polished Concrete
Apply two coats of CCS Armourgard SP at right angles to each other.
To reduce the wear and tear of CCS Armourgard SP we recommend that two coats of our sealer polish maintenance system, CCS Sheen, be applied. (See Technical Data Sheet for further information).
Resealing CCS Armourgard SP
When resealing lightly abrade the existing coating, by sanding then vacuum and dilute 1st coat of CCS Armourgard SP with CCS Armourthane Solvent by 10% prior to rolling on a further coat.
Please note if recoating after 24 hours we recommend that the sealer is lightly abraded before applying the next coat.
CCS Armourgard SP should not be applied to surfaces subject to hydro static pressure or rising dampness. Prior to using CCS Armourgard SP the manufacturer should be consulted if the following conditions exist:
The concrete substrate is porous or in poor condition
The surface is subjected to unusually cold conditions (i.e. significantly below 10ºC)
The surface is above ambient temperatures whilst in service (e.g. floors subjected to hot or boiling water)
The floor is subjected to severe chemical attack.
If there is friction between the tyre and the floor surface, a black mark sometimes appears.
This is a residue of carbon black which is a filler in rubber tyres that has been deposited onto the floor surface and is the result of a mechanical action and deposition.
However, yellow to brown stains can occur after certain types of tyre have been in direct contact with a light coloured floor coating over a period of time.
This stain is due to the presence of one or more additives used in the manufacture of certain tyres.
The tendency and extent of the tyre to stain will depend on both the type of tyre and the type of floor coating.
Armourgard SP has proven over field service life to display good tyre stain resistance properties to the majority of tyre brands. However, due to potential choices of sub-coatings and extremes in weather and drying conditions during the curing of the floor coating, it is recommended not to leave car tyres directly in contact with the floor for a minimum 7 days after application and then no longer than overnight for another two weeks.
If a vehicle is to be left in contact with the floor for extended periods of time (i.e. greater than 4 weeks), place a mat or other material (not made of rubber) on the floor area where the tyre is most likely to rest to prevent the tyre from making contact with the floor coating.
Appropriate Surface Texture
- As a general statement, the application of a coating to concrete will reduce the existing slip resistance of that surface. Consequently, care must be taken before sealing concrete to ensure that the surface texture has sufficient profile to provide adequate traction. To aid traction, mix a satchel of CCS Sealer Grip additive into the sealer prior to application of the final coat. However, as the sealer wears, the traction additives will also diminish in effectiveness.
- CCS Glass Beads can also be added to aid traction. CCS Glass Beads should be applied during the application of the first coat by casting it onto the surface in a uniform manner. A second coat of CCS Armourgard SP should then be applied over the glass beads.
Clean all equipment immediately with CCS Armourthane Solvent. Cured material can be removed using CCS Enviro Stripper or by mechanical means.
CCS Armourgard SP should be stored between 10ºC and 30ºC away from direct sunlight. The shelf life of the product is up to 12 months in the original unopened container. Tightly seal partly used containers when not in use.
CCS Armourgard SP is a flammable liquid.
Contact with strong oxidisers may cause fire. Sensitive to static discharge. DO NOT smoke or use any ignition devices when using the product.
Features and Benefits
- Non yellowing formula
- Can be used internally and externally
- Maintains an adequate wet edge
- Levels well and has excellent bubble release
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates
- Durable and easily maintained with good resistance to most chemicals and solvents
- Clear finish ideal for honed concrete
- Provides an attractive gloss or satin finish
- Excellent stain resistance (incl. Tyres)*
- Excellent water and abrasion resistance
- Retards yellowing of epoxy primers and base coats when used as a finish coat
Note: Due to efflorescence and the varying composition of bricks and other masonry substrates, it is recommended a test area be carried to assess adhesion and performance.
CCS Armourgard SP is available in 20 litre drums.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.