ACS Grind & Seal PU30 is a solvent-based polyurethane coating designed to protect honed concrete surfaces. Special ingredients within the mix provide a clear, non-yellowing gloss finish that is durable and flexible with excellent chemical, stain, and wear resistance. Grind & Seal PU30 is suitable for use on interior and exterior applications.
• Warehouse & factory floors
• Garage and workshop floors
• All commercial applications
• Honed and general concrete
• Exposed and etched concrete
• High traffic service areas
• Car parks and service docks
All surfaces to be treated should be clean and structurally sound. All previous coatings, adhesives, efflorescence or laitance should be removed by mechanical grinding or abrasive blast cleaning, high pressure water blasting, mechanical scrubbing or other suitable means. To prepare a concrete surface use either CCS Citric Cleaner or CCS HD Degreaser to remove surface contaminants. By using CCS Citric Cleaner at a lower dilution rate an etching process is provided to the surface. To ensure the acid is neutralised apply CCS HD Degreaser prior to the application of ACS Grind & Seal PU30.
All surfaces should be dry and clean before application. Holes, non-structural cracks and other surface deformities should be repaired using CCS Epoxy Repair Kit in accordance with the technical data sheets. New concrete floors should be at least 28 days old before applying ACS Grind & Seal PU30.
1. Apply the first coat of ACS Grind & Seal PU30 undiluted at the rate of 3-5m2/litre in a uniform manner to ensure adequate cover, adhesion, penetration and a smooth finish.
2. Do not work the coating excessively or apply the coating too thickly as this may cause foam which can leave a cloudy film.
3. Allow the first coat to dry for a minimum of three to four hours (dependant on climatic conditions) before applying second coat.
4. Apply the second coat of ACS Grind & Seal PU30 at right angles to the first coat and at the rate of 4-6m2/litre and allow to dry overnight. The second coat should be applied within 24 hours of the first to ensure correct bonding to the first coat.
5. For smooth surfaces such as honed concrete a lamb’s wool or mohair roller are the best application tools. When applying the product, it is important to maintain an even wet edge with the least amount of agitation or aeration.
Full cure is after 7 days depending on relative humidity, air circulation, temperature and film thickness. Actual times can vary according to the combinations of these variables.
Clean all equipment immediately with CCS Armourthane Solvent. Cured material can be removed using CCS Enviro Stripper or by mechanical means.
Features and Benefits
• Non-yellowing formulation
• Maintains an adequate wet edge
• High adhesion to concrete substrates
• Provides excellent protection with resistance to most chemicals and solvents
• Durable with long service life
• Suitable for honed and general concrete
• Provides a high clarity clear finish
• Excellent water and abrasion resistance
ACS Grind & Seal PU30 is available in 20 litre drums.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.