ACS NeoLastic is an acrylic, latex admixture that can be used primarily as a primer and to further improve the bond strength and deformability of ACS Screed.
The unique polymers within ACS NeoLastic also enable it to be used for waterproofing, dust proofing, as a primer and/or bonding agent for cement based renders and textures and an effective void filler.
- Waterproofing – mix with cement (2 parts water:1 part ACS NeoLastic ).
- Dust proofing – apply over masonry substrates to remove dust particles. (2 parts water:1 part ACS NeoLastic ).
- Primer for renders and textures – mix 50/50 (1:1) with water for use as a primer over porous substrates.
- Bonding agent in cement based renders. Substitute 1 litre of water for 1 litre of ACS NeoLastic in the mix water to improve the bond strength of the render.
- Void filler when mixed with clean silica sand after cleaning and priming the void.
Approximately 2kg per m² per mm of adhesive thickness. 20kg of ACS Screed will cover approximately 1m² at a thickness of 10mm.
Refer to the table in the downloadable Technical Data Sheet for the estimated coverage for ACS Screed and Neolastic for various applications.
Surface types and application variations may cause departures from these consumption estimates.
All substrates must be completely solid, dry, structurally sound, free from loose particles, paint, grease, oil, wax, dust and any other contaminants.
- Highly absorbent substrates should be primed with ACS NeoLastic at the rate of 1 part water : 1 part ACS NeoLastic.
- All masonry and cementitious substrates must be primed at the rate of two parts water to one part ACS NeoLastic, prior to installation of the ACS Screed. Note: If preparing a ‘bonded screed’, prime at the rate of 1 part water : 1 part ACS NeoLastic .
- Add 1 litre of clean water and 1 litre of ACS NeoLastic per 20kg bag of ACS Screed into a clean bucket.
- Mix together slowly using a high speed drill mixer until smooth and homogeneous.
- Apply the screed as per application instructions on the ACS Screed packaging.
Clean all tools and equipment with water.
Store between 10ºC and 30ºC away from direct sunlight.
Shelf life is up to 12-18 months in original unopened container. Partly used containers must be sealed tight when not in use.
Health and Safety
ACS NeoLastic is non-flammable and poses no fire risk.
The product is harmful if swallowed, irritating to the eyes and skin and may cause sensitisation by skin contact.
Wear suitable gloves, eye and face protection. Do not empty into drains.
If swallowed, contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre In case of contact with the eyes, rinse immediately with plenty of water and contact a doctor or Poisons Information Centre.
After contact with the skin, wash immediately with plenty of water.
Please refer to the Safety Data Sheet and product label for further information. Safety Data Sheets are available by phoning 1800 077 744.
Features and Benefits
- Improves bond strength and water resistance
- Improves deformability
- Improves application and performance characteristics for a wide range of cement based products when substrates are pre-treated with material
- Internal and external use
ACS NeoLastic is available in 10 and 20 litre plastic containers.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.