Slab Clad R is a membrane-forming concrete curing compound that is based on C5 resin and combined with performance enhancing additives.
When applied to freshly laid concrete, Slab Clad R forms a surface film that enables a high rate of moisture retention – assisting in the development of strength, abrasion resistance and durability.
Slab Clad R is a Type 1-D, Class B curing compound, achieving >95% moisture retention and complying with AS 3799-1998 (Appendix B).
Slab Clad R conforms to Department of Transport and Main Roads MRT S70.
HYDROCARBON RESIN EMULSION CURING COMPOUND (Type 1-D, Class B).
Slab Clad R is suitable for new concrete, facilitating maximum moisture retention through the 28 day curing period.
|Mix ratio||Ready to use|
|Specific gravity||0.95 – 1.0|
5m2 per litre (or 0.2 litres/m2) using a spray applicator do not brush.
NB: This coverage rate may vary due to the surface texture and irregularities of the concrete surface.
- Apply Slab Clad R to the exposed surfaces of concrete after the sheen of water/moisture brought to the surface by the final screeding and trowelling operations has disappeared. The concrete should have hardened sufficiently to walk on and apply Slab Clad R without causing damage.
- Timing of the application is important. If applied to a dry surface, it may soak into the concrete and not form a continuous film. Premature application may not adhere to the concrete or may be broken by the bleed water from the concrete.
- Apply Slab Clad R with a low pressure spray device such as a heavy duty nap sack sprayer or garden sprayer.
- During windy conditions, it may be difficult to achieve uniform coverage at the specified application rate; additional applications may be required.
- Ensure the correct amount of material is being applied to achieve an adequate film build.
- Due to the high solids content in Slab Clad R, we recommend that the product is stirred regularly to prevent settlement and blockages in the spray nozzle.
- Apply Slab Clad R at the rate of 5m2/litre, wet on wet, to produce a continuous film. If pinholes occur, apply a second coat (at 90º to the first application).
- When dry, the coating should be continuous, flexible, without breaks or pinholes, and should remain as an unbroken film for at least 7 days after application.
- Windy conditions, high temperatures associated with rapid evaporative losses, or lack of care on the part of the operator can result in large variations in the rate of application. It is not sufficient to measure the volume of material sprayed over a large area to determine the average coverage rate. This will not indicate the uniformity of coverage nor the volume blown away by wind.
Slab Clad R will darken slightly with age and UV exposure. In time, the coating will degrade (approximately 6-10 weeks), allowing the unhindered application of other toppings and surface treatments.
Slab Clad R is compatible with some hydrocarbon based primers and is suitable for use on concrete roads, which will be subject to line marking.
Note: Compatibility tests for adhesion and aesthetics should be undertaken prior to the full application of subsequent coating systems.
Wash all equipment in water or water/detergent immediately on completion of application and mixing.
If the product has dried, equipment can be cleaned using Kerosene fuel or an emulsifiable solvent.
Always store Slab Clad R in a cool environment prior to use.
At low temperatures, it may be necessary to store in a warm environment, or stand containers in 25ºC water until ready for use. During high temperatures the viscosity of Slab Clad R may be reduced.
Store between 10°C and 30°C away from direct sunlight. Shelf life is up to 12 months in original unopened container. Partly used containers must be sealed tight when not in use
Features and Benefits
- Environmentally friendly
- Water based formula
- Supplied ready for use
- Provides rapid film formation
- Reduces the likelihood of cracking or dusting on the concrete surface
- Easy to use – eliminates messy water curing or the need for polyethelene film
CCS Slab Clad R is available in 20 and 200 litre plastic drums.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.