CCS Densifier is a water-based penetrating hardener, densifier, and dust proofer designed to increase abrasion resistance and reduce the surface absorption of liquids on concrete floors.
CCS Densifier reacts with elements in the concrete surface to impart a low sheen which enhances the appearance of the surface whilst maintaining a natural concrete look.
CCS Densifier can be applied (one coat) to freshly laid grey or coloured concrete by low pressure sprayer.
- Interior and exterior concrete floors
- Polished concrete floors
- Warehouse floors
- Commercial floors
- Manufacturing plants
- Distribution centres/warehouses
- Workshops and car parks
- New concrete
1 litre of CCS Densifier will cover approximately 5m2 –6m2 of steel-trowelled concrete depending on the porosity of that surface.
- All surfaces to be sealed should be clean from all contaminants such as curing compounds, membranes and coatings.
- The surface to be sealed must be dry prior to the application of CCS Densifier.
- If the concrete surface has been burnished or excessively trowelled, we recommend a light grind or abrading of the concrete to ‘open’ the surface (for maximum penetration).
Application guidelines for new concrete
Apply CCS Densifier using a low-pressure sprayer.
- Stir or shake drum thoroughly before use.
- After the final trowelling and finishing process has been completed (and before any saw cuts) apply one coat of CCS Densifier by low pressure sprayer to the newly finished concrete.
- Allow the concrete to cure for a minimum 7 days.
Application guidelines for existing concrete
Apply CCS Densifier using a low-pressure sprayer and work into the surface by microfiber applicator or soft headed broom.
- Stir thoroughly before use.
- Apply CCS Densifier to the concrete surface in a continuous operation at an average rate of 5m2 /Litre, using a low pressure sprayer and/or a mechanical scrubber (the scrubbing action assists with the penetration of the material). In smaller areas and along the perimeter of the slab a hard bristle broom or microfiber applicator may be used.
- Because the product needs to chemically react with the calcium hydroxide within the concrete, it is imperative that the product does not dry out too quickly. Consequently the floor must remain wet with the product for a minimum of 20 minutes.
Note: If an area does begin too dry too quickly within the 20 minute timeframe, re-apply CCS Densifier to the surface. Do not add water to the material or to the surface being treated.
- Do not allow product to pool on the surface after 30 minutes. Remove excess product by brooming or mopping the surface thoroughly with clean water.
Mechanical polishing concrete
CCS Platinum Polish System
Apply CCS Densifier before the 200 grit or fine grinding polish concrete process.
Then follow the same procedure as indicated previously. Leave area to dry and fully cure for 24 hours then continue with the 400 grit polishing process.
After placement, the concrete may initially appear darker than the surrounding concrete.
As the product dries out, the concrete surface will gradually increase in hardness with a subsequent increase in gloss level.
If an immediate gloss is required, the concrete surface can be buffed with a floor polishing machine and a buffing pad, once the sealer has cured for 24 hours.
Clean all application tools with water.
Allow CCS Densifier to dry for approximately 4–6 hours for pedestrian traffic and 24 hours before subjecting the surface to vehicular traffic.
- CCS Densifier will not penetrate curing compounds. These must be removed prior to application.
- CCS Densifier is not recommended as a curing compound.
- During application, be sure to protect all metals, glass, paint, or brick surfaces. If accidentally over-sprayed, immediately wash the surface with clean water.
- CCS Densifier will not change the slip resistance of the concrete surface. Smooth and slippery concrete will remain smooth and slippery.
- Do not apply the material in cold or freezing temperatures.
Note: As CCS Densifier activates by mixing with the calcium hydroxide in the concrete, the product performance may be reduced when used over rain damaged or overworked concrete. This product can not fix poorly finished concrete.
Store between 10°C and 30°C away from direct sunlight. Partly used containers must be sealed tightly when not in use. The product should keep for up to 12 months if kept in a cool, dry storage area.
The product should not be loaded with class 4.3 and 5 substances. Keep away from foodstuffs and do not mix with other chemicals.
Features and Benefits
- Specially modified formula to reduce surface absorption of liquids on concrete floors
- Low sheen finish
- Natural look
CCS Densifier is available in a 20 litre drum.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.