ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete is a pre-packaged multi-component cement based shotcrete mix for use in dry-mix processes.
It is made with accurately mass-batched blends of Portland cement, silica fume, sand, coarse aggregate and powdered accelerator, and has been specifically designed for applications that require fast setting characteristics used in mining, tunnelling and civil projects.
Rapid Set Shotcrete is also available in the following two product variations:
Mining applications, including ground support and lining of portals, shafts, drifts, raises, loading pockets, ore passes and underground chambers
- Ground support and slope stabilization
- Linings of tunnels and connecting shafts
- Support and formwork for retaining walls
- Concrete repair to structures such as bridges, dams, sewers, canals, reservoirs, and cooling towers
- Repair to marine structures including wharves, jetties, piles, and sea walls
- Repair to buildings and structures such as parking structures, grain silos, and chemical handling facilities
One 20kg bag of ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete mixed with the required water will yield approximately 10.2 litres or 0.0102m3.
Calculations of coverage need to include provision for rebound waste and any waste during the cut off finishing procedure.
The approximate allowance for rebound is 5 – 10% not including cut-off.
This rebound percentage has been calculated based on the shotcrete being applied by an experienced applicator during ideal weather conditions.
The surface to be shotcreted shall be prepared by removing all unsound concrete and debris.
When using ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete in structural repairs ensure that the substrate is clean and properly prepared. Additionally the repair zone should be saturated with clean water for a minimum of 5 – 7 hours prior to shotcreting.
Mix ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete with approximately 1.8 – 2.3 litres of water per 20kg (230 litres / m3).
ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete can be applied in depths of 10 – 400mm in one pass depending on the shotcrete method used and substrate and weather conditions.
All tools should be rinsed with water immediately after use to remove all traces of ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete.
If kept dry and stored in its original condition, ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete will keep for at least 12 months. The shelf life of the product may be reduced if subjected to high temperatures and high humidity.
Health and Safety
During use, avoid inhalation of dust and contact with the skin and eyes. Wear suitable clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment.
If contact with the skin occurs, thoroughly clean the area with plenty of fresh water and soap. In case of contact with the eyes rinse with plenty of fresh water and seek medical advice.
If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the product label carefully before use.
Features and Benefits
ACS Rapid Set Shotcrete offers many advantages to owners, contractors, and engineers particularly in situations where conventional formed concrete construction would not be appropriate or cost effective. The main advantages are:
- Supplied ready to use under stringent quality control standards
- Rapid setting characteristics provide high early set time
- Ease of application in dry-mix spray systems
- Elimination or reduction in formwork
- Suitable for overhead applications up to 400mm thick
- Greater thickness build-up in a single pass relative to conventional shotcrete, particularly in the dry-mix process
- Substantial reductions in rebound, particularly in dry-mix processes
- Superior bond strength
- High early strengths to reduce down time
- Easily pumped using the wet-mix process
- Good working time
Available in 20kg bags or 1 tonne bulk bags.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.