ACS Neat-Krete CI is a pre-packaged multi-component cement based shotcrete mix for use in dry-mix processes.
ACS Neat-Krete CI is made with accurately mass-batched blends of Portland cement, sand, coarse aggregate and specially formulated chemical admixtures
ACS Neat-Krete CI can be used in a wide range of civil engineering and mining applications, typical areas of use include:
- Mining applications, including ground support and lining of portals, shafts, drifts, raises, loading pockets, ore passes and underground chambers
- Ground support and slope stabilization
- Linings of tunnels and connecting shafts
- Support and formwork for retaining walls
- Concrete repair to structures such as bridges, dams, sewers, canals, reservoirs, and cooling towers
- Repair to marine structures including wharves, jetties, piles, and sea walls
- Repair to buildings and structures such as parking structures, grain silos, and chemical handling facilities
- When used in vertical or overhead operations consideration may need to also use ACS Minespeed F1 alkali free shotcrete accelerator. Please consult with your local ACS Underground representative prior to commencement of your project
One 20kg bag of ACS Neat-Krete CI mixed with the required water will yield approximately 10.2 litres or 0.0102m3.
Calculations of coverage need to include provision for rebound waste and any waste during the cut off finishing procedure
Under normal application methods the approximate allowance for rebound is 5% not including cut-off.
The rebound percentage has been calculated based on the shotcrete being applied by an experienced applicator during ideal weather conditions.
The surface to be shotcreted shall be prepared by removing all unsound concrete and debris. When using ACS Neat- Krete CI in structural repairs, ensure the substrate is clean and properly prepared. Additionally the repair zone should be saturated with clean water for a minimum of 3 – 4 hours prior to shotcreting.
Mix ACS Neat-Krete CI with approximately 1.8 – 2.3 litres of water per 20kg (230 litres / m3). Avoid over watering as this could cause adverse effects to the overall strength and integrity of the applied shotcrete.
ACS Neat-Krete CI can be applied in a thickness of 10 – 100mm in one pass depending on the shotcrete method used, the substrate and climatic conditions.
All tools should be rinsed with water immediately after use to remove all traces of ACS Neat-Krete CI.
Storage and Shelf Life
If kept dry and stored in its original condition, ACS Neat-Krete CI will keep for at least 12 months. The shelf life of the product may be reduced if subjected to high temperatures and high humidity.
Health and Safety
During use, avoid inhalation of dust and contact with the skin and eyes. Wear suitable clothing, gloves, eye protection and respiratory protective equipment.
If contact with the skin occurs, thoroughly clean the area with plenty of fresh water and soap. In case of contact with the eyes rinse with plenty of fresh water and seek medical advice.
If swallowed, seek medical attention immediately – do not induce vomiting.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the product label carefully before use.
Features and Benefits
ACS Neat-Krete CI offers many advantages to owners, contractors, and engineers particularly in situations where conventional formed concrete construction would not be appropriate or cost effective. The main advantages are:
- Contains corrosion inhibiting agents to provide rust protection to steel and metal work
- Supplied ready to use under stringent quality control standards
- Ease of application in a dry-mix spray system
- Fast setting
- Elimination or reduction in formwork
- Greater thickness build-up in a single pass relative to conventional shotcrete, particularly in the dry-mix process
- Substantial reductions in rebound, particularly in dry-mix process
- Superior bond
- High early strengths help reduce down time
ACS Neat-Krete CI is available in 20kg bags or one tonne bulk bags.
For further information consult the Safety Data Sheet (SDS) and read the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) carefully before use. SDS and TDS documents are available in the Resources section of this website and by contacting ACS Customer Service support line on 07 3412 8111 or 1800 077 744.